By de Boulle on April 22nd, 2013
Jaeger-LeCoultre and Polo (the Sport) Continue!
2013 is the 180th anniversary of Jaeger-LeCoultre. Because of this, the Manufacture unveils the Grande Reverso Ultra Thin Duoface to celebrate the very essence of their timepieces. The classic watch comes with the swiveling case. The swiveling case is part of a new, even slimmer design that captures the function appearing on their iconic design. Jaeger-LeCoutre even squeezes a dual time-zone display into the watch. The watch’s design is a display of the exceptional partnership between the Manufacture Jaeger-LeCoultre and the venerable “Casa Fagliano” in Buenos Aires where the Reverso reconnects with its sporting heritage. This is yet another mark of Jaeger-LeCoultre on the polo world.
During the 1930’s polo players often shattered the glasses of their timepieces during the intense moments of their sport. A year after this, polo players began wearing the first watch in history to have a swiveling movement that allowed players to protect the face of their valuable timepieces. To add to this, the watches also allowed them to display their monogram or family crest. These works of art have advanced over the years, but their heritage has remained in tact. The watch has been made into both men’s and women’s versions as well as in varying degrees of technical forms.
This year the watch manufacture celebrates its 180th anniversary by unveiling the Grande Reverso Ultra Thin Duoface Blue which combines style with the genius watchmaking ability Jaeger-LeCoultre. It has a second time zone on its back while the front dial remains dedicated to local time. The unique watch comes with blue-lacquered dial that picks up the exact shade of the color that is on the original model. It also features rhodiumed dagger-type hands and baton-type hour-markers. The top of the dial has the REVERSO inscribed in the EXACT font of the original watch from 1931 polo matches. The Grande Reverso Ultra Thin Duoface Blue will be fitted with an especially rare and distinctive strap. Made from extremely refined cordovan leather, it comes from a craft workshop which, like the Grande Maison in the Vallée de Joux, is still located in the exact same spot where it was established in the 19th century.
– The case, in stainless steel, has double sapphire crystals and is water resistant to 30 meters.
– Movement is the Swiss manual-wind Jaeger-LeCoultre in-house caliber 854/1 with 21 jewels, 21,600 vph and a power reserve of 50 hours.
– Functions are: Front: hours, minutes – Back: hours and minutes of the 2nd time zone and 24-hour day/night indicator.
– Dial: Front: blue lacquered base, transferred hour-markers – Back: Clous de Paris hobnail guilloche motif, opaline white, transferred numerals and hour-markers.
– The strap, 20mm lug width, is done in Cordovan leather, crafted by “Casa Fagliano” of Buenos Aires and has an 18mm steel pin buckle.
Enjoy the de Boulle Experience.
We invite you to stay up-to-date with our offers, news and events.